Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Syntaks


Jakob Skøtt has been a life-long collaborator with friend Jonas Munk aka Manual. Their first release together was in 2002 as "Limp" releasing the highly acclaimed album on Morr Music entitled "Orion". A couple of years later the duo released under the own names for the album “Golden Sun” on Darla. Jakob is also part of the 4 piece Causa Sui with a release on Germany's Nasoni. Where the previous collaborations with Manual has been soporific hip hop beats and melting soundscapes, “Awakes” sees Syntaks explore more varied territories. The ten track album clocks in just under 50 minutes and journeys into an expertly crafted concoction of dub, guitar pop, leftfield beats and Slowdive-esque washes of guitar with the slightest hint of Cocteau Twins at their best. ~ Words by n5MD



One of my best discoveries this year! My musical taste has been growing in leaps and bounds since I started the "room" radio show. I was somewhat aware of the music scene in Scandinavia, especially in Sweden. I started to look at neighboring countries for other musical acts, I zoomed into Denmark, checked it out and what a revelation! To my surprise there were a number of electronic, dream pop and psychedelic acts that I completely fell in love with. There was Keith Canisius, one talented multi instrumentalist who's Waves album takes me to a world of endless possibilities. Same with Manual aka Jonas Munk who's music is so captivating and beautiful that leaves the listener in a kaleidoscope of dreams.

Then I came across Syntaks, whom I feel was able to marry the perfect balance between electronic and dream pop elements. They posses all the attributes that I like in a band that made me fall for them. Syntaks creates one of the most beautiful crafted ethereal songs ever heard by man, but that's just my opinion, hehe. Please do check out Syntaks!

To hear more of Syntaks, kindly go here :

http://www.myspace.com/syntaks

I think there is an EP still available to download for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment